Oklahoma City Birth Injury Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Birth Injury Medical Malpractice
Each year, a large number of people across the United States fall victim to acts of medical malpractice and medical negligence. While medical malpractice affects people of all ages, it is extremely unfortunate when it affects people who are too young to do anything about it. Newborns, especially those who have been born with a serious birth injury, are utterly powerless. While expectant parents seek the best pre-natal care available to them, to ensure that their baby is born healthy and with no avoidable complications, many expectant mothers and newborns do not always receive the standard of care that they should.
Medical malpractice may occur when there is a failure to diagnose potential birth injuries, or when birth injuries occur as the child is being delivered. Medical malpractice can take on a variety of forms, which all center around a complete disregard for efficient and suitable care being administered. Some examples of birth injury related medical malpractice are:
- Proclaiming that procedures, such as a cesarean section, are the correct option in birthing the child, when passage through the birth canal is in the best interest of the health and safety of both the mother and the child
- Failure to respond accordingly and in a timely manner to umbilical cord entrapment
- A doctor fails to deliver proper pre-natal care, consequently resulting in the failure to diagnose a potential risk that could lead to a birth injury
- During the birthing process, proper procedures are not followed, putting stress on the newborn child which could create complications and lead to birth injury
- A lack of ability in recognizing when unnatural procedures, such as cesarean sections, are necessary to protect the well-being of the mother and child
- Improperly using forceps or other instruments to extract the child from the birth canal
Medical malpractice can cause a variety of serious problems for an otherwise healthy newborn. If your newborn has suffered from a birthing injury in Oklahoma, and you believe that the injury was due to negligence on the part of your primary physician or the medical professionals that helped deliver your child, don't hesitate to contact a knowledgeable OKC medical malpractice birth injury lawyer at Maples Law Firm today. We will examine the circumstances of your child's birth injury and determine where negligence played a factor in your child's current condition, thus allowing us to hold the medical professional deemed responsible accountable for their negligence.
Call us toll-free any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (888) 226-6159. If you are from Oklahoma City, you can also call (405) 551-8864.
We also have a personal injury intake form that you can fill out. Our lawyers and staff return all correspondence quickly.